Do you have experience within a production or machine building environment and have strong knowledge of production methods and control systems (PLC)/mechanics/pneumatics/hydraulics? Then we have a great opportunity as Production Engineer at MTEE for you.
Mitsubishi Turbocharger and Engine Europe (MTEE) is a global player in the field of turbochargers for the automotive industry. Did you know that we have a 20% market share in Europe? That means that 1 out of 5 cars in Europe are fitted with a turbo that was made in Almere. For automotive to be able to contribute to global climate objectives, downsizing (a smaller engine with greater power, possibly hybrid) is necessary. Using a turbocharger is the best way to make this technically possible.
As our parent company is located in Japan, we work in close collaboration with a culture known for its hospitality. And this shows in everything. From our production line in Almere, we deliver directly to our OEMs all over the world. All of our 800 employees make this possible. Proud and dedicated, that’s what we are.
The production department designs, configures and modifies existing and new production means and processes (complex assembly lines) in order to optimize the production of our Turbochargers. Any of our new projects cost around 1.5 to 2 million euros in investments and have a design and build up phase of 24 months. Product and process development vary from optimizing known and proven methods to complete innovations. The existing production methods are continuously improved and optimized. The activities within the Production Engineering department are divided in team c.q. mechanical design, process engineering, projects and industrial automation. In which the teams process engineering and industrial automation will focus mainly on the software development and improvement of existing production lines. In total there are 40 people working in this department.
As Production Engineer you are one of the responsible employees for the design of new production processes/assembly lines and optimizing the already existing production processes/assembly lines. Customer Specific Demands are essential in these instances. It is important that you are able to work independently, you are stress resistant and you can take initiative.
- You will analyze the potentials to improve each assembly line
- You will specify, develop and optimize the (partial) processes in the entire line
- You will mainly focus on the theoretical and practical analyses of the production processes, make proposals to improve these processes and support/guide the implementation of these improvements
- You will mostly work in multi-disciplinary teams with Software Engineers, Service Engineers, Project Leaders, etc.
- At least a Bachelor degree in a technical field
- At least 3 years of experience within a production or machine building environment (automotive is a big plus)
- You are experienced in setting up processes
- You have strong knowledge of production methods
- Strong knowledge of control systems (PLC)/mechanics/pneumatics/hydraulics
- Experience w
- You have an excellent understanding of the English language
- Competencies: Working together, flexibility, result oriented
- Furthermore you are an excellent analyzer, communicator and work with quality-awareness
Working at Mitsubishi Turbocharger and Engine Europe offers many rewards. From seeing your concepts developed into actual turbo’s, to knowing that the finest car brands are equipped with the product you have worked on. Volkswagen, BMW and Renault are just few of many well-known names.
But there’s more! You can also expect:
- A competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Travel allowance
- 27 days of leave + 5 collective days off
- Collective health insurance
- MTEE is member of the Collective Agreements (CAO) Metalektro
MTEE is involved in every facet of the turbo development. And we are just as committed to your development. As it is important to us that you can follow your ambitions, we provide various opportunities for advancement and/or expanding your knowledge.
If you would like to know more about this position, please contact Lilian Latul (Corporate Recruiter at MTEE) at 06-42610621.
Have we sparked your interest? Then apply today by clicking the button below.Apply