Do you have strong project management experience? Combined with experience in a mass production environment? Then join our organization for your next challenge.
Turbo Projects Department
The Turbo Projects Department is responsible for all Turbocharger Customer projects, from Contract (Nomination) until series production is in full output. Nomination of a project comes with certain boundary conditions. The boundaries include terms and conditions, development budget, sales price, margin, investments and a development timeline.
The Turbo Projects Department ensures that the Turbocharger is suitable for series production within the provided time frame, while achieving technical, economical and commercial targets. To do this each project has a multi-disciplined project team with members from several departments, steered by the project leader
Mitsubishi Turbocharger and Engine Europe (MTEE) is a global player in the field of turbochargers for the automotive industry. Did you know that we have a 20% market share in Europe? That means that 1 out of 5 cars in Europe are fitted with a turbo that was made in Almere. For automotive to be able to contribute to global climate objectives, downsizing (a smaller engine with greater power, possibly hybrid) is necessary. Using a turbocharger is the best way to make this technically possible.
As our parent company is located in Japan, we work in close collaboration with a culture known for its hospitality. And this shows in everything. From our production line in Almere, we deliver directly to our OEMs all over the world. All of our 800 employees make this possible. Proud and dedicated, that’s what we are.
As Project Leader Development you are responsible for leading projects up to its finalization. You steer members of the Engineering, Production Engineering, Purchasing and Quality Departments, realizing a successful launch of a Turbocharger into series production.
- Lead the project team through the development process towards a successful launch into production
- Provide guidance and decision making to project team members and several other (support) functions within the organization
- Build and maintain intense relations with your internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Negotiate costs, prices, lead times, project steps and action plans with the Customer
- Represent MTEE and the project: you will be the face of the project to customers, suppliers, MHI group companies and within MTEE
- Ensure the achievement of project, product, production process, supply chain, quality and financial goals.
- Track and lead all changes during development
- Analyze customer needs and requests; translate these into effective actions within MTEE.
- Calculate, keep track and analyze project financial result (part price margin, project budget and cash-flow) up to Start Of Production (SOP)
- Set up project development plan and master planning, successfully fulfill requirements of MTEE Project Management System, keep track of milestones, ensure progress and execution of activities
- Keep the project team focused, ensure internal communication and maintain a good and motivating atmosphere
- Comply with organizational procedures and processes regarding Project Management, Quality and H&S.
- Report all above to MTEE Management
- Ensure proper carry-over of the project to the Project Leader Series after its successful conclusion
- At least 8 years of project leading/management experience
- Experience in a mass production environment
- Automotive industry experience is a major plus (specially in a Tier-1 supplier of automotive OEMs)
Working at Mitsubishi Turbocharger and Engine Europe offers many rewards. From seeing your concepts developed into actual turbo’s, to knowing that the finest car brands are equipped with the product you have worked on. Volkswagen, BMW and Renault are just few of many well-known names.
But there’s more! You can also expect:
- Pension plan
- Travel allowance
- Excellent benefits, including 27 days of leave + 5 collective days off
- Collective health insurance
- MTEE is member of the Collective Agreements (CAO) Metalektro
MTEE is involved in every facet of the turbo development. And we are just as committed to your development. As it is important to us that you can follow your ambitions, we provide various opportunities for advancement and/or expanding your knowledge.
If you would like to know more about this position, please contact Lilian Latul (Corporate Recruiter at MTEE) at 06-42610621 or email@example.com.
Have we sparked your interest? Then apply today by clicking the button below.Apply