Are you looking for an international sales position in the automotive industry, where you are responsible for maintaining a strong relation with OEM customers and analyze their needs to successfully generate new business?
Mitsubishi Turbocharger and Engine Europe B.V. (MTEE) is a global player in the field of turbo charger technology for the automotive industry. With a market share of 20%in Europe, it means that 1 in 5 cars in Europe drives with a turbocharger are produced in our facility in Almere. In order to meet the global climate goals the automotive industry contributes by downsizing their engines but increasing the power output, this is where our turbocharger plays its important role. The application of a turbocharger increases the efficiency of the combustion engine.
As our parent company is located in Japan, we work in close collaboration with a culture known for its hospitality. And this shows in everything. From our production line in Almere, we deliver directly to our OEMs all over the world. All of our 800 employees make this possible. Proud and dedicated, that’s what we are.
As a Sales Engineer for the Turbocharger division you are responsible to maintain a strong relation with the OEM customers and analyze their needs to successfully generate new business. You will be handling several turbocharger projects and work closely with the departments: Engineering, Production Engineering, Purchasing, Logistics and Quality and have intensive contact with colleagues globally.
You will be also monitoring the acquisition process in the organization and at MHI. In case the project stays at sales after nomination you might be leading the project with the goal to bring the project successfully into series. During different phases of the project you will be monitoring whether all activities are going according to plan and inform the customers and the Assistant Sales Manager about the work process. Employees that are participating in the acquisition, development and series process can be located in different parts of the world at one of the MHI group companies. Therefore you will be travelling for approximately 2 to 3 days a month. In further detail, you will also:
- Follow and analyze new markets and its trends and developments within existing
- Analyze customer requests and transfer this information in an adequate way into the organization
- Prepare samples and series quotations with input of our mother company
- Prepare purchase requests to support (pre-)development and acquisition process.
- Coordinate and organize prototype orders to realize an in-time prototype build and delivery.
- Communicate MHI’s project information (cost, price, lead time, project steps) with customer before project nomination together with the Assistant Sales Manager.
- Keep track and lead all development changes in case the development is done at the sales department
- Report all of the above to stakeholders and escalating when necessary
- At least a Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aircraft technology or Automotive engineering;
- Knowledge of commercial and negotiation techniques
- English spoken and written is excellent, German and French are a plus
In terms of personality, you are hands-on, result-oriented and a great communicator. You show leadership and influence while securing excellent relationship at all time.
Working at Mitsubishi Turbocharger and Engine Europe offers many rewards. From seeing your concepts developed into actual turbo’s, to knowing that the finest car brands are equipped with the product you have worked on. Volkswagen, BMW and Renault are just few of many well-known names.
But there’s more! You can also expect:
- A competitive salary;
- Excellent benefits, including 27 days of leave + 5 collective days off;
- You’ll be working in a small team, which allows for a lot of responsibility and involves you in the entire process
- Pension plan
- Travel allowance
- Collective health insurance
- MTEE is member of the Collective Agreements (CAO) Metalektro
MTEE is involved in every facet of the turbo development. And we are just as committed to your development. As it is important to us that you can follow your ambitions, we provide various opportunities for advancement and/or expanding your knowledge.
If you would like to know more about this position, please contact Lilian Latul (Recruiter at MTEE) at 06- 42 61 06 21.
Have we sparked your interest?
Then apply today by clicking the button below.Apply