Would you like to join MTEE as a Senior Application Engineer at our Engine Division? In this role you already have some years of experience in working as an application engineer, preferably in the marine/shipping engine industry. You have a high level of (technical) knowledge of engine applications and you see it as a challenge to train and supervise an Application Engineer.
If you recognize yourself in above description, please read below job description, because this could be a great opportunity for you!
Mitsubishi Turbocharger and Engine Europe B.V., excellence in transforming energy into motion.
Mitsubishi Turbocharger and Engine Europe B.V. is a global player in the fields of:
- Turbochargers for the European automotive industry
- Diesel and gas engines for marine applications, industrial, construction and agricultural industry.
In 1917, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) became the first Japanese company to develop and build a diesel engine, and since then has steadfastly pioneered technologies for the reciprocating engine. MHI offers a broad line-up, ranging from construction machinery and marine engines to engines for power generation. In recent years, the company has been involved in the general development of advanced gas turbines, rocket engines, and other types of internal combustion engines, even as it continues to look at the true significance and its decades-long quest to further refine the reciprocating engine.
All new engine models are equipped with high-performance turbochargers. Mitsubishi Turbocharger and Engine Europe B.V.‘s turbochargers are manufactured at the same plant in which the engines are produced. This close proximity of design and production results in the ideal turbocharger match for each engine, maximizing overall performance.
As a Senior Application Engineer, you will be the project leader in development, compliance certification, QA etc. You understand compliance and leads discussions with classification societies and certifying authorities regarding marine applications.
In this position, you will work closely with the Designer/Draft Person and the Electrical Engineers concerning the, to be manufactured, application parts. In order to obtain the required product certifications, you will work together with inspection authorities and classification societies.
You are also responsible for:
- developing technical specifications, application criteria and test and measurement instructions
- the selection and development of engine accessories and option parts
- maintenance of classification and inspection documentation
- evaluating customer requests and orders for technical feasibility
- project management
- supervising an Application engineer
- At least a technical higher professional education (HBO) degree in, for example, Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, MAROF
- You have detailed knowledge of the certification and classification system of diesel engines for marine applications.
- Detailed knowledge of application of diesel engines in shipping or marine industry is a must
- You are accurate, customer- and service-oriented, flexible and independent
- You are able to manage a project
- You are able to keep an overview of the process and the details of an issue, data or project (helicopter view)
Working at Mitsubishi Turbocharger and Engine Europe offers many rewards. Our turbochargers and engines are of top quality. The company’s strong growth is therefore no surprise. All European leading automotive manufacturers fit their engines with our turbocharger and our engines meet the requirements of the world’s most important marine classification societies.
But there’s more! You can also expect:
- Pension plan
- Travel allowance
- Excellent benefits, including 27 days of leave + 5 collective days off
- Collective health insurance
- MTEE is member of the Collective Agreements (CAO) Metalektro
As it is important to us that you can follow your ambitions, we provide various opportunities for advancement and/or expanding your knowledge.
If you would like to know more about this position, please contact Lilian Latul (Recruiter at MTEE) at 06- 42 61 06 21.
Have we sparked your interest? Then apply today by clicking the button below.Apply